There is increasing interest in district cooling using extensive distribution systems – a technology analogous with district heating. District cooling usually refers to the central production of cooling energy that is distributed to customers as cold water in a closed circuit, and is most common in buildings with a high demand for cooling, such as office buildings, factories, and hospitals. SWEP brazed plate heat exchangers (BPHEs) offer unbeaten performance and space-saving compactness for these applications.
District cooling offers several advantages
- Lower life-cycle costs. Unaffected by the outdoor environment.
- Environmentally sustainable. Reduces the use of Freons and offers higher energy utilization compared with conventional cooling technologies.
- More convenient. No local refrigeration plants are needed, i.e. no maintenance, no handling of Freons, and no future fees or legal regulations.
- Cost and security. Lower energy costs, minimal maintenance, low investment cost to the customer, and increased security of delivery.
High-performance space savings with our BPHEs
- The highest capacity models on the market, to meet the needs of larger installations
- Compact and easy to install, including modular redundancy
- Small footprint saves a lot of space that can be used for other machinery or leased – a valuable advantage in densely populated areas.
The efficient B427 has four different plate types, making it easy to adapt for a wide variety of heating and industrial applications. With 4″ connections it handles up to 156 m³/h (686 gpm) water flow.
The efficient B439 is designed for high heat transfer. It has two plate types, which can also be used together, suitable for a wide range of heating, cooling, and industrial applications. With 4″ connections it handles up to 156 m³/h (686 gpm) water flow.
The B649 is ideal for district heating and cooling networks, HVAC, and industrial projects that need an efficient compact BPHE with close temperature approaches at high operating pressures. The big, one-phase B649 delivers PHE-like capacities without the wear and tear of parts. Most of the material…